【Upgraded Version of the Basic Scanner】
As an upgraded version of the basic code reader, LAUNCH CR529 is specially designed with 4 more keys (I/M shortcut, HELP shortcut, Right and Left keys), 3 LED indicators, upgrade, review and printing functions, etc., helping users diagnose the vehicle easier and faster.
Advanced Upgraded Functions:
- I/M & Help shortcuts for easy operation
- Review Data for tracking historical data.
- Print Data via PC for further analysis or sharing with others
- Update via a USB Cable for the latest version with bug fixes
- 3 LEDs for displaying the vehicle conditions intuitively
- Advanced DTCs Query to identify the cause, with proven fixes simplifying the process
Complete OBDII Functions:
- Read Codes including abundant DTCs (current, pending and permanent codes).
- Clear Codes is to clear the DTCs after repair and turn off the Check Engine Light.
- I/M Reading is to check the readiness of the monitoring components and systems.
- On-Board Monitor Test is to view the results of the tests for specific systems.
- EVAP System Test initiates a leak test for the vehicle’s Evaporativesystem.
- O2 Sensor Testis to retrieve and view the test results of O2 sensor monitors.
- Data Stream displays real-time PID data from ECU in various ways.
- Freeze Frame retrieves the freeze data recorded when an emission-related fault occurs.
- Vehicle Infowillretrieve the vehicle information including VIN, CIN and CVN.
Add-on Practical Features:
- Plug & Play & No Battery can work and get power directly when plugged into the vehicle.
- DTC Lookup is to view the detailed definitions of DTCs stored in the built-in DTC library.
- 2.8″Colorful LCD Screen shows menu, submenus and test results with good visual effect.
- 7Languages include English, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, and German.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage makes it applicable to all OBD II-compliant vehicles.
【I/M Shortcut and 3 LEDS】
With the I/M shortcut key, you can get quick access to the I/M readiness function. The following 3 LEDs are used as visual aids to make it easier to determine engine system conditions.
GREEN LED (No Fault Code): Indicates that all engine systems are running normally.
YELLOW LED (Pending Fault Code): Indicates the currently displayed DTC is a Pending DTC.
RED LED (Permanent Fault Code): Indicates the currently displayed DTC is a Permanent DTC.
【Record & Review & Print】
The DTC, Data Streams, and Freeze Frame can be recorded in this OBDII scan tool so that you can review the data repeatedly when repairing. Also you can print the records out via a USB cable connection to a PC, and then share the records with mechanics for professional advice.
【2.8″Colorful LCD Screen】
This OBD2 scan tool comes with a 2.8″ screen for good visual effects. So it is capable of completely displaying the menu interface and its contents. Besides, the colorful LCD display also makes it possible to indicate test results clearly when the environment is dim.
【Plug & Play + No Battery】
Launch CR529 OBD2 Scanner is a “Plug and Play” device without battery for not worrying about battery drain. When you plug its diagnostic cable into the vehicle’s DLC socket, the code reader will get the power directly from the vehicle and start working, which is pretty easy for beginners.
【Lifetime Update via a PC】
You can go to the LAUNCH official website to download and install the update tool, then connect the scan tool to a PC via the USB cable, and choose the latest version to update. Thus, the bug fixes will be accessible. (If you have any problem with the upgrade, welcome to contact us.)
【DTC Lookup & Help Key】
Featuring the DTC Lookup, the CR529 can save you the trouble of looking for the meaning of a DTC on the internet, and show you the detailed definition from the DTC library. Moreover, the HELP shortcut can help you quickly access to the detailed descriptions/tips for diagnostics.
【Retrieve VIN, CIN, CVN】
This Launch OBD2 scan tool can retrieve the vehicle information, such as VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), CID (Calibration ID) and CVN (Calibration verification number), etc., which offers help and convenience to users for repair or parts replacement.
【Wide Vehicle Compatibility】
As it supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN (Controller Area Network), the CR529 scan tool can work with most 1996 and newer OBDII compliant vehicles sold in the American, European, and Asian.
- Must be 16 PIN OBD IIport;
- This OBD2 scanner only supports petrol vehicles;
- This scanner is valid only for the engine system, not for airbags, ABS and other systems.
- As a plug & play scanner, this tool doesn’t need to be upgraded right away when you start using it. If you encounter any issues while using it, or the unit doesn’t work smoothly, you may update it for better using experience.
Where’s the OBD II interface?
The OBD2 port is often under the dash, or under a panel below the handbrake in the center console.
How to Use it？
Just simply plug into the OBDII port on your car and turn the ignition on then read the car’s vehicle information with the reader.
Why I can’t erase the fault code?
The problem causing the error code must be repaired first then code can disappear.
How to upgrade it?
The tool can be updated via USB cable.
Note: Make sure the computer has an Internet connection.
- Go to http://www.x431.com/CR529 and download the update tool to the computer. Decompress and install it on your computer (compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 & 10)
- After installation, connect the scanner to the computer.
- Once the tool is powered up, launch the update tool on your computer, the system starts reading the tool. Once it obtains the tool information, click [Device Upgrade], a registration window will pop up.
- Fill in the required information and click [Submit] to navigate directly to the update center.
- Click [Upgrade] to start updating until the update is